Wednesday, November 01, 2006

How do we define SUCCESS?

On T~ Blog

My dad once said, "if you can’t understand something, try understanding its opposite first"! Hence instead of counting my success, I always count my failures first! It is simple and extremely easy to do that, because failures leave lots of trails; at least one guaranteed souvenir: the "hurt"! lol. ...that way we know for sure that we have failed (even when our own ego refuses to accept it!). Failure, contrary to many, is not a negative connotation! It became negative only because it happened to be the antonym of the English word "success"! In reality, failure is a rigorous timeout/course-correction mechanism built in all forms of progressive entities. Be it our career, our passion, our invention, our love, or for that matter our very existence! In the labyrinth of life, failures are the indispensible road-signs, like no-entry, stop, take U-turn and so on that actually help us reach the correct destination, safely, if you think of it!

The bottom line is that, am I successful? You bet, yes! Am I a failure? Definitely a BIG yes, most of the time! lol. Hence, I would say that we should not take these two words, failure & success, seriously! :) First Dream a dream, next diligently make an attempt to bring every aspect of that dream to life. Now-and-then you may have to take a timeout and do some course-corrections, drop some baggage, but continue to pursue your dream with all your heart & soul!

Well, if your dream hits too-many traffic violations, mmmm...then label it "a bad dream" and shelf it (or simply dump it!) ...proceed to sleep, to dream a new dream, all over again! :) I am not kidding you know, actually this is what I do, call me crazy! lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home